It’s hard to believe that just a few short weeks ago I wrote my CEO summary reflecting on what we accomplished in 2015. With the holiday season now packed neatly away, it’s time to look at what is on deck for 2016. My plan is to share our goals, client success stories, nuggets of wisdom we learn from using the Traction methodology and updates on our progress throughout this coming year. I’m excited for what lies ahead and hope that you find value in reading about our company’s journey. And please share your ideas and opinions with me.
A recap of Traction
Several years ago, I attended a workshop on business management and was introduced to the Entrepreneurial Operating System (EOS) method of running a business. This process is detailed in the book Traction by Gino Wickman. The process focuses on six key components of every business and brings together the best ideas from today’s business thought leaders. I was seeing my colleagues’ companies implement this process and simply take off. I knew I wanted to grow, build value into our business and prepare our company for the future. Our implementation began a few years ago by making some simple changes to internal processes and culture, we’ve modified our scorecard and made sure we have the right people in the right seats to ensure our clients have the best results.
Our Traction goals
We identified a number of areas that will be our focus in 2016:
• documenting the entire point-to-point process to gain consistency and improve deal flow
• improving our sales training program to ensure that we deliver on our promises
• creating specific meeting agendas to ensure thorough communications at every step
• monitoring the KPIs we have in place to track profitability for the teams and the company
• implementing a robust, multi-point plan that includes a new website and a cohesive marketing calendar with input from several internal teams
• creating a robust Webmaster Services offering to provide assistance with keeping client sites current through new content, performing software updates and on-going SEO and PPC management
• adopting the Agile project management process
• using the Scrum format to improve our ability to deliver valuable, high-performing solutions
• rolling out a Traction based structured marketing plan to our ideal client base
Backstory: we took the time to identify our ideal client, define their personas, and adapt the products and services we offer to align with their needs. Perhaps not that surprisingly, our ideal clients are companies that are also using Traction. The common language we share makes it extremely easy to identify “rocks” and resolve “issues” as they relate to their digital marketing needs.
• adding new fun events to the team calendar to enjoy each other and build relationships
Backstory: Our staff is our most important resource at Evolve Systems. Our team building events, educational sessions, and team goal setting are critical to our success. I look forward to sharing photos from our upcoming escapades.
One of the six key components of the Traction method is Vision. Core values fall under this component. Our core values have become part of our DNA serving as a constant guide in decision-making and alignment with our mission and vision.
1.) Commitment to innovation
2.) Passion for creating easy access to technology
3.) Communicate with transparency and honesty to our clients and staff
4.) Driven by process and repeatable success
5.) Give back to our community through service, support, and involvement
Our core values play a part in our hiring process, our employee review process, our presentation to potential clients, and are proudly displayed in our office. We have learned over the last 15 years that when we are all driven by the same core values, the results are always in line with our expectations.
You can see why I’m so excited about the impact the Traction process has on our business. It’s about adapting, acting and evolving for the advancement of our staff, our clients, and our company. So here’s to making 2016 a prosperous year with a positive impact on all we encounter. Stay tuned.