When was the last time you were out at a restaurant, either by yourself, with your family, or with a large group of friends? You enjoy a good meal, perhaps a few drinks, and maybe a dessert you know you will regret the next time you go to the gym. Then the bill comes. Everyone grabs their wallets or purses, starts looking for cash or maybe a credit or debit card. The waiter or waitress collects everyone’s preferred form of payment, and then goes off to process and cash out your party, a process which sometimes can add an extra 10 to 20 minutes to your time in the restaurant. And in the meantime, your credit card is not directly under your supervision.
We put a lot of trust in the servers at the restaurants we frequent. We give them our piece of plastic, and they go off to run transactions on it, transactions which we authorize by first giving up our credit or debit card, and second by signing a piece of paper which is what we assume is the only transaction that has been run on our credit card. But until we receive our bank’s statements in the mail, do we really know how transactions are being run?
What if your favorite restaurant or bar had the ability to swipe your credit card right there at the table, without the card ever physically leaving your possession? This is the idea behind Pay at the Table Technology that Evolve Systems offers. Pay at the Table Technology offers a number of benefits to businesses who desire to be on the cutting edge:
• Pay at the Table Technology allows customers to maintain control of their card, allowing them to enjoy a significantly higher level of personal security and reduced potential for fraud.
• This technology reduces your liability by keeping the card in the owner’s possession at all times.
• Restaurant and hospitality establishments can achieve up to 33% higher wait staff productivity, therefore increasing revenue through efficiency.
• Avoids lengthy end-of-day settlements by you or your wait staff.
• Faster, friendlier checkout increases the speed of table turnover, bringing more business through your doors in the same amount of time.
• Pay at the Table Technology reduces transaction time by allowing the customer to enter the tip amount in a single transaction, eliminating the need for pre-authorization.
• Only one telephone or cable connection is required for up to 7 Pay at the Table terminals.
• There are many different models with great features, including: moisture resistant sealed key pad, drop resistance up to 3 feet on a concrete floor, bottom loading printer–out of the way of spills, and a light screen that is easy to read even in dark environments.
These are just some of the great benefits Pay at the Table Technology can bring to your business. Your customers will definitely be impressed with how state of the art and convenient your business is.
Are you a restaurant owner, bar owner, or a general business owner interested in Pay at the Table Technology? Contact Evolve Systems today to request a demonstration and a run down of all the available models we have available.