There are many warning signs for criminal activity in regards to credit card fraud. Please note that these warning signs don’t necessarily mean that someone is committing a crime, they are simply things to watch for. Remember that you can always choose to ask for photo identification of anyone using a credit card and you can decline a card without proper identification.
Watch out for customers who:
1. Purchase a large amount of merchandise without regard to size, style, color or price.
2. Ask no questions on major purchases.
3. Try to distract or rush you during the sale.
4. Make purchases and leave the store, but then return to make more purchases.
5. Make large purchases just after the store’s opening or as the store is closing.
6. Refuse free delivery for large items.You know what is normal behavior for your customers, so trust your instincts and follow your established processes.Here’s to a successful holiday shopping season!
Thanks to Sterling Payment Technologies for the content of this post.