Restaurants and other local ‘brick and mortar’ businesses will benefit from a Google+ Local business profile with a link to their website and other important business information completed within the profile.
Benefits of ‘local’ profiles
Okay let’s a heave a big ol’ collective sigh. All this online stuff really seems to getting out of hand doesn’t it? Perhaps it’s a matter of perspective and our talent sets. Stick with me for a couple of minutes and we’ll lay out a couple of priorities and feel okay about putting the rest on hold (at least temporarily).
A couple of facts we cannot ignore:
- 90% of diners go online for information about restaurants
- 80% use a method of search (Google or Bing) as a part of their decision process
- 70% will choose a restaurant with the facts they can easily find online
Source: Online Testing Exchange Restaurant Survey
Google+ Local combines several Google tools into one place; search engine results, social networking, customer reviews, business directory and map features.
Your customers use Google search to find detailed information on local restaurants, shops, and other services.
Your profile completion of Google+ Local will reward your customers with the contact data they seek, a platform for posting and reading reviews, a place to view photos, menus and more.
The benefits of profile completion to your business:
- Better visibility in searches
- Reviews and ratings to influence new customers
- Ability to engage and respond to customers’ comments
- Easy link for customers to share with their networks
Google is making changes faster than you can turn over tables
Well maybe not that fast but changes are never ending and come frequently. A recent change you may have noticed within Google is was the carousel type results page during searches. If you are not showing up in these results – take action – you are missing out on new customers and a key tool in reputation management.
With the new carousel option you can filter search results on Price, Ratings and Type of Cuisine, click through to a search results page for the restaurant and gets all kinds of appropriate information.
Without a complete Google+ Local profile – your business will not show up or show up well beside your competitors.
Here’s what to do:
- Register for your Google+ Local page – it’s free
- If you have a Google+ Local page that is incomplete – Claim it as an owner, get it verified and begin updating the information
- Employ a keyword strategy to your profile and content – spend your money here if you need assistance with a robust online marketing plan
- Create a plan for measurement and optimization and make sure your investment of resources is showing a return for you
Make your online presence an intentional and well thought out part of your marketing plan. Integrating online and offline tactics will introduce your restaurant to new audiences. Starting with Google+ Local today is a number one priority.
Read more on the importance of integrating Social, Mobile and Local marketing efforts in a previous blog, What’s Your Mobile Plan of Action?