Blogging is good for business. If you have a business and not a blog, we have some great information for you! You may think blogging requires a big commitment, but we are here to tell you it doesn’t have to. Simply having a blog and updating it periodically is a fantastic social media tool. Some businesses update their blogs daily, others monthly. Neither is right or wrong!
Here at Evolve, we update when we have something substantial to say that will be helpful to our clients. Sometimes that is several times per week, sometimes it is a few times per month. We have compiled a list of 5 reasons why blogging is good for business.
1. Blogging allows you to communicate with your customer base. You can share news, people can comment, and you can reply. If you have a new product or service, you can easily shine a spotlight on it with a simple blog post.
2. Simply put: Google loves links and new content. By blogging, you can easily link back to your website/homepage and google loves that. Why does it matter if Google loves your site? Because you want people to be able to find you with a simple search.
3. You can share things that may not have a place on your website. Quick updates, tips and tricks, links to related (but not competing) products, and publicity can all be quickly shared with a new blog post.
4. Reward frequent visitors. You can offer special discount codes, coupons, and savings to people who check in frequently. This will encourage traffic both to your blog and your website.
5. Request feedback! Both positive and negative feedback will benefit your business. Customers love telling their favorite companies what they like best and what could be improved. Give them the opportunity!
All in all, blogging is one of the easiest things you can do to establish a relationship with your customers. If you have a blog, people will go there first for the latest news. And if you DO have a blog, make sure you feed your new posts to your Twitter and Facebook accounts so people can find it easily!