The holiday shopping season is in full swing, both in the malls and online. If you offer products for sale on your website, take a few minutes to make sure your site is primed to sell.
1. Update the language on your home page. Create new copy mentioning any holiday specials or free shipping offers. Make sure there are no typo’s or grammatical errors. By freshening up even one page of content you’ll make the search engines more likely to crawl your site!
2. Be sure to have good quality images of your products. The image sells the product more often than the description does. Make sure the photos you use show off your product!
3. Send out an e-mail blast highlighting your specials. Make sure you have a real eye-catcher in there. Everyone is offering free shipping for orders over $100. What can you do to differentiate yourself?
4. Add a link to your shopping cart from your Facebook page, or add a status update to your LinkedIn profile. Make yourself visible to your network!
5. Keep tabs on your content. Make sure any “news” items are really new, not from two years ago. Read through your About Us info, your shipping/return policies and any other content pages to ensure they reflect your business correctly.
Make this shopping season a good one, for both you and any customers visiting your online store.