If your website is built on the AmiroCMS platform there are some simple ways to improve your search engine rankings.
- In the site manager, where you would normally edit your pages, there is an ‘Options’ tab which contains both the descriptions and keywords fields. Make sure they are filled, and have relevant content in them. You can have the AmiroCMS auto-generate suggestions for you by deleting the contents and saving the page, at which point the AmiroCMS will attempt to guess good content for those fields.
- Double click any image in the editor to open the edit box for the image. In this dialogue, there is a field called ‘Alternate Text’ that allows you to define the alt text.
- In the upper left hand corner of the WYSIWYG, right below the body/navigation/options tabs, is the text/header type drop down. Use this to select header styles for your content.
- Download the ‘web developer toolbar’ for Firefox. This adds a toolbar with a warning in the upper right hand corner that tells you if there are any errors on a page you’re visiting. Web Developer Toolbar
- Regularly update and add content to your page. Put a news strip on your page using the the ‘News Announce’ specblock.
- Make sure your page has a site map. This can be done by making a page of the type ‘Site Map’.
Did you find this information helpful? There’s plenty more where it came from! Check out our knowledgebase.