Ho, Ho, Ho and Merry Christmas to all from Evolve Systems. We have come a long way this year telling you all about industry/company news, and today we would like to highlight some marketing tips we believe everyone should implement on their social media account.
Can’t get enough of social media marketing? Neither can we! That’s why we are pointing you towards hundreds of great articles on how to get the most out of marketing your company on websites such as Twitter, Facebook, FourSquare, WordPress, and so many others. To see an overview of great articles posted by Mashable, click here. If you have just started a new social media account, here are some ideas Evolve Systems has for you:
1. Become friends or follow companies you can partner with or are in the same line of business as you are. Following competitors will help you to learn how they promote their company so you can find ways to create an edge over theirs.
2. Tell your friends and followers who you are. On Twitter, custom-made backgrounds are great because the space available allows you to say a little bit about yourself.
3. Don’t over promote yourself. People don’t come to social media to be blasted with advertising. Talk to your users and when someone writes something especially nice, try giving a discount or special offer to them.
4. Always put contact information where users can see it. People want to contact you sometimes without going to your website, so keep your contact information somewhere near your brand name.
5. Share interesting information about your company or industry news. For example, Evolve Systems has a company lunch every Friday and we love to share topics that come up during lunch.
If you are without a social media account, try looking for one that best suits your company. Twitter is used a lot for sharing information and new articles. Users tend to enjoy reading trending news or topics and less information is needed to get the point across. If you are looking for potential customers to follow you, Facebook for business is a good feature because people are able to send you messages and your news comes up directly in their personal news feed. Of course, every company should have a blog of some sort because company/industry news is important to your business partners, clients, or target audience.
Sometimes the upkeep on social media accounts is difficult, so many companies hire content writers to do the work for them. If you have questions on content or setting up a social media account, Evolve Systems offers special packages to help you from setup to maintenance. Take advantages of our special tips and tricks for online marketing and a packet made just for you to help maintain social media accounts.
And of course, Merry Christmas to all of our friends, family, clients, partners, and coworkers! We hope you enjoy yourselves this holiday season.