On Wednesday, April 29th, Evolve Systems hosted the webinar, Evolve Your Website: Simply Add Ecommerce where Don Raleigh III, New Business Manager, discussed how Ecommerce can advance your business.
Below is a recap of the webinar addressing the main points that Don III explained. To watch the full webinar, please click the following link!
Ecommerce Business Impacts: Benefits and Drawbacks
The first section of the webinar explained the pros and cons of having an Ecommerce store.
A few benefits covered include:
- Ability to track how and when your customers visit your online store, rather than being unaware of how an in-store visitor came across your business
- Can lower the overhead costs (e.g. employees, rent, electricity, etc.) since you have the flexibility to operate your business online
- Enhances the customer’s personalized shopping experience by analyzing visitor behaviors and using that data to improve site navigation, content, design, etc.
A few drawbacks covered include:
- Will need to shift your business plan if transitioning from a brick and mortar to an Ecommerce site
- Have a very clear privacy process to protect the online information of both yourself and your customers
- Even though your business is online, it still requires upkeep to ensure a high-quality website and ecommerce platform
Ecommerce Across Different Businesses
Don III explained the differences, patterns, and special considerations among the following business types and their use of Ecommerce:
- B2C Consumable Goods
- B2C Products
- B2C Services
- B2B Products
- B2B Services
Shopping Cart Options
We provided examples of a few recommended Ecommerce options that Evolve Systems works with that offer specific value based on a company’s industry and needs.
We discussed three case studies on the Ecommerce options: Ecwid, Shopify, and “Pay Now.”
We used Ecwid to create an ecommerce store for Esch Construction Supply which gave them the ability to process orders online and have the products shipped directly to the construction site. To start, the construction supply company had an existing WordPress site, which we then added Ecommerce functionalities using Ecwid. Using the two platforms together allowed for the website to offer valuable content that emphasized their role in the industry and encouraged visitors to purchase their products.
For Shopify, we highlighted Eagle Eye Photography, a photography business based in Alaska. Shopify allowed this isolated business to have a national reach using the platform as a salesperson. The Ecommerce platform was designed specifically for the needs of the business by having an automatic price calculator for the different photo sizes so the shopping experience is simple and straightforward. In addition, the website not only offered product value, but it also allowed the business to tell their story, so visitors are able to learn more about who is behind the photographs.
The “Pay Now” feature has allowed a commercial real estate company, Office Here, to offer an easy online payment portal for tenants. By offering this modern service, it streamlined the payment process so it was more convenient for the tenants and more dependable for management, ultimately increasing their cash flow.
In the next section, Don III explains how to keep your website guarded in order to safeguard sensitive and confidential information. Not only does this ensure your business data and consumer information is protected, but it also increases consumer confidence in your business.
A few examples that Don III covered include:
The last main topic Don III addressed was Ecommerce and marketing integration options. There are various people your Ecommerce store may be selling to, yet in order to reach them, you need the tools to do so. Ecommerce platforms enable the integration of critical marketing tools to advance your business.
A few examples covered during the webinar include:
- Landing Pages: Ability to offer information specific based on different locations and their unique selling points
- Social Media: Can create targeted campaigns to advertise your products or services
- CRM Integration: Ability to track a customer’s journey and target them through your sales funnel all in one central location, such as SharpSpring
As Don III mentioned, we offer additional Ecommerce resources on our blog- Here are a few to get you started!